Hello to you! The temperature is dipping and there is snow on the local North Shore Mountains which means it is time for the GGG’s holiday wine shopping selections for you and the wine lovers on your list.
This year, I have kept my selections under $25 a bottle:
- Luccarelli Primitivo Puglia, Italy IGT – here is your ‘crowd pleaser’ wine. This fun red is full of fruity, berry notes and is topped off with a dash of vanilla – your guests will ask for another glass! $14.49
- Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 Sonoma, California – basking in black currant flavours, baking spice and cigar smokiness, this wine seductively reminds you to slow down and enjoy the moment. A fantastic California Cab on sale now for $18.49 until December 3rd – retails for $19.99.
- Bartier Bros. Merlot 2012 B.C. VQA – bring on the steak! This powerhouse wine pairs wonderfully with a hearty red meat meal. Bursting with mocha notes mingled with black cherry, plum and vanilla, here is a delicious Merlot from Oliver, B.C. that will delight the palate with a lingering, juicy finish. $21.99
- Black Hills Estate Winery Cellar Hand Punch Down Red 2014 B.C. VQA – one smooth blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah. The Cellar Hand is Black Hills’ second label – excellent fruit, great wine at a lower price point. Plush and smooth with loads of red and black berry fruit notes tied up in a silky toasted oak bow.
- Haywire Winery Pinot Noir 2015 B.C. VQA – the belle of the ball. This Summerland beauty is bright and balanced with a good amount of acidity and a harmonious flavour profile full of juicy cherry and raspberry notes. A lovely treat for the elegant wine lover on your shopping list. Pairs perfectly with fresh salmon or pork tenderloin on the BBQ. $23.99
All wines are available at your B.C. Liquor Store but check online HERE or call ahead to ensure your local store has your wine of choice in stock.
I will be back next time with your white wine shopping list!