Hello to you and happy wine Wednesday! And a happy December to you as well – how does it sneak up so quickly?
I am back this week with your Christmas Shopping List 2015 for the white wine lovers on your list. Here are my ‘Top Picks for 2015’ – The Whites:
- Zinck Pinot Blanc Alsace, France $15.79 O.K.- all of you Pinot Gris fans out there – it is time to try something a bit different yet every bit as lovely. This Pinot Blanc from Alsace is juicy and delicious and a perfect, well received wine to serve alongside your appetizers during holiday entertaining.
- Chapoutier ‘Bila Haut’ Roussillon Blanc Languedoc/Roussillon, France $15.99 Here is a charming, white wine from one of my favourite French regions, a blend of Grenache Blanc, Grenache Gris and Macabeu – this is a hostess gift wine or one for the wine adventurer on your list. Very versatile with food but amazing with creamy dishes or crab, this white blend boasts wonderful stone fruit notes.
- Charles Smith ‘Kung Fu Girl’ Riesling Washington State, USA $21.49 This is a wine for the ‘rock and roller’ in your life…a kick ass, off-dry Riesling with great acidity and pep. A fantastic pairing for any spicy dish you prepare over the holidays or on its own…yumarama!
- CedarCreek ‘Platinum Viognier’ B.C. VQA 2014 $27.49 Here is my B.C. wine pick for this years’ list. Loaded with ripe stone fruit flavours – peach, apricot and nectarine – this lovely wine has a good amount of acidity and some delicate floral notes. Quite pretty.
- Château de Satenay ‘Chaise Dieu’ Hautes Côtes De Beaune, France $30.99 Did you think I would create a list without including a Chardonnay? Here she is in all of her delightful glory – great acidity, nice flavour profile and rich with texture. Can be cellared for another two years but it is good to go right now with notes of apple, nectarine, a whiff of butter and a dash of floral. Swoon-worthy.
- Domaine Marc Roy ‘Les Champs Perdrix’ Marsannay, France 2012 $52.99 I have another French beauty for you here with 100% Chardonnay from the Côte de Nuits region of Burgundy. A glorious mid-palate expression, this wine is complex and beguiling with mineral-driven great acidity. Here is your ‘I Love You’ wine for the wine lover in your life and in your heart. Can be cellared up to 2018.
Next week, I will be coming to you from Cabo San Lucas where I will post my ‘Sparkling’ category list for you so you can get stocked up! Have a great week and, as always, thank you for reading!