Now that the weather has returned to cooler temperatures and grey skies, I think it is high time we cozy up with a glass of red wine from our celebrated B.C. wineries.
Should you be in the market for a delicious red wine in the following weeks, may I suggest the following:
- Stag’s Hollow Winery 2020 Syrah B.C. VQA Okanagan Valley – Brooding and nuanced, I am a fan of this Syrah. Co-fermented with 8% of Viognier, it boasts flavours of black cherry, black pepper, blackberry, and a hint of violet to delight your palate. GGG Score – 90 Points $30
- Time Family of Wines 2020 Chronos Cabernet Franc B.C. VQA Okanagan Valley – Damn! What a way to come out swinging – this marks winemaker Lynzee Schatz’s first red wine release at Time Family of Wines that she was ‘hands-on’ from start to finish. Fantastic with flavours of mocha, raspberry, plum, white pepper, and a dusting of bramble. Complex and inviting. GGG Score – 91 Points $40
- Foxtrot Vineyards ‘Foxly’ 2020 Pinot Noir B.C. VQA British Columbia – Easy-going and very ‘drinkable,’ this blend is sourced from many Pinot Noir vineyards across the Okanagan Valley. Flavours of bright cherry, chewing tobacco, and a dash of herbaceousness, this wine will pair with a variety of autumn-based dishes. GGG Score – 88 Points $24
- Hester Creek Estate Winery 2019 Garland B.C. VQA Okanagan Valley Golden Mile Bench – If you are searching for a big, bold red wine for the cool autumn months, this Bordeaux blend delivers! Crafted predominately with Cabernet Sauvignon, this robust red also includes Petit Verdot, Cabernet France, Malbec, and Merlot. Expressive and concentrated. GGG Score – 91 Points $60
- Bartier Bros. Vineyard & Winery 2020 ‘The Orchard Row’ B.C. VQA Okanagan Valley – Here is a bottle of wine to enjoy with friends. A blend of Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc, and Merlot, this delightful wine is structured and elegant. Flavours of fresh raspberry, plum, and a floral top note make for an inviting experience. GGG Score – 90 Points $40
- Township 7 Vineyard and Winery 2019 Reserve 7 B.C. VQA Okanagan Valley – Talented winemaker Mary McDermott does it again! Another beautiful wine release with the current Reserve 7 vintage. Black fruits dominate the aromas with hints of mocha and vanilla. The palate offers a delicious flavour profile with fresh raspberry, cedar, and black pepper on the finish. GGG Score – 91 Points. $45
- Hillside Winery 2018 Cabernet Franc ‘Heritage Series’ B.C. VQA Naramata Bench – Plum, sage, graphite, and baking spice delight the senses in this well-crafted Cabernet Franc from rockstar winemaker Kathy Malone. Ready to enjoy now with integrated tannins and a lengthy finish. An intense and expressive red to warm you up on a chilly day. GGG Score – 91 Points. $34
I am grateful to receive wine samples to taste, consider, and score.
Carol Liston Campbell said:
All these wines sound delightful. Will put them on my shopping list. Thank you. ❤️🙋