And the shopping list goes on!
I am a ‘make a list and check it twice’ type of gal and I actually enjoy putting these babies together each year to make your holiday shopping decisions easier. This week, I have your white wine selections for you.
I have a few that would be great for entertaining, some for gift giving and others to secretly purchase for yourself and savour when you have some well-deserved ‘down-time’. All selections are available through the B.C. Liquor stores but do check for your closest location online HERE.
GGG’s 2019 WHITE Wine Shopping Guide:
- Oops ‘Cheeky Little White’ Sauvignon Blanc Central Valley, Chile – Here is a fantastic wine for large gatherings around the holiday season. This Sauvignon Blanc is crisp and refreshing with notes of freshly cut grass, lime zest, white pepper, and an endearing herbaceous note. $11.99 ( Yes – you read that right! Go!)
- Moillard Hugues Le Juste Organic Viognier Languedoc/Roussillon, France – Mmmm, this is a lovely Viognier crafted with organic grapes from the south of France. This round wine is full with flavours of peach and apricot with an end note of butter croissant. I know! Quite lovely and enjoyable. $17.99
- Sperling Vineyards Organic Pinot Gris B.C. VQA 2018 – Yes, we all have a B.C. wine lover on our list. (And I am one of them!) You cannot go wrong with selecting one a bottle of Pinot Gris from Sperling. Based in Kelowna, B.C., the family has a long, long history as grape growers in the Okanagan – dating back to the 1920s! Inside this lovely bottle of wine, you will find flavours of honeysuckle, honeydew melon and orchard apple. So good! $17.99
- Di Lenardo Monovitigna Pinot Grigio Friuli, Italy DOC – I don’t know about you, but I get a bit overwhelmed when I am looking for an Italian Pinot Grigio – there are so many options. Happily, I found this lovely wine that I would bring to a gathering of friends and family. This wine is nicely balanced with flavours of banana, pear, quince jam and an end note of almond. $18.99
- Laurenz und Sophie Singing Grüner Veltliner Niederösterreich, Austria 2017 – Yes, I know this sounds like a mouthful, but this is one fantastic wine. Think about a wine adventurer on you have on your list – this was made for them! Lively and juicy with flavours of lemon zest, green apple, banana and white pepper – this wine ‘sings’ on the palate. $21.49
- Pewsey Vale Vineyards Riesling Eden Valley, Australia 2018 – In a world where there are so many choices, it is quite delightful to come across a single vision wine estate. Pewsey Vale Vineyards focuses only on the one and only, Riesling. Winemaker Louisa Rose crafts a beautiful wine that is beautifully balanced and flavourful. You will find notes of lime, herbaceous rosemary, flint and mango. So good. $21.99
- Yohan Lardy ‘Les Bruyeres’ Beaujolais Villages Blanc Beaujolais, France 2017 – I love it when I find a new wine and producer that I want to share with you. My love affair with French wine will last a lifetime and this wine is a great example. Crafted with 100% handpicked Chardonnay grapes, this is a really cool wine that hits both fruity and savoury notes. Here is a wine for the adventurer on your list or your favourite #Chardcore fan. $23.97
- Checkmate ‘Fool’s Mate’ Chardonnay B.C. VQA 2015 – This luxurious wine is absolutely swoon-worthy. If you are looking to impress someone special, this is the bottle you purchase them. It is not only complex and balanced but also nicely integrated and expressive. Taste abounds with flavours of nectarine, cantaloupe melon, apricot flan, sea salt and a dusting of almond. OMG. $79.99