Hello wine lovers and happy wine Wednesday! I hope your week was fantastic. Our trip to Cabo San Lucas was nice and relaxing with loads of ocean time, sunshine ( for the most part ) and good times. But, it is always great to be home and, as I write this, I am listening to one of my favourite Christmas tunes this year ‘This Christmas’ jazzily performed by Matthew Morrison. I am a happily typing away, bopping in my seat and getting excited for Christmastime.
Now, on to what you really want to know about this week – the sparkles and bubbles to put on your shopping list for this holiday season…And so, without any further ado, I give you the ‘2015 Christmas Shopping List – The Bubbles’:
- Zinck Cremant D’Alsace Brut, France $20.99 – here is a charming blend of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Blanc. Light, crisp, clean on the palate with tasting notes of citrus and lemon peel. A great way to get your evening started!
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery ‘Cipes’ Brut NV B.C. VQA $23.49 – this lovely bottle of bubble is something to celebrate in itself – organic and delicious, ‘Cipes’ Brut is a blend of Riesling, Chardonnay and Pinot Blanc. You will love this wines’ crisp acidity and great depth of flavour. Another glass of this B.C. beauty please!
- Jansz Premium Cuvée Tasmania, Australia $27.99 – have you tried a sparkling wine from Tasmania before? Now is the time – 100% delicious bubble from Pinot Noir with notes of strawberry, citrus and nougat. Great finish and nice purity of flavour.
- Benjamin Bridge Brut 2009, Nova Scotia $43.99 – I know I have piqued your interest. A wine from Nova Scotia? A sparkling wine from Nova Scotia? Well, yes, yes indeed. I fell for this stunner of a wine when I first tasted it this year. If you can get your hands on a bottle – do it. For under $50, and Canadian to boot – your will delight in this exceptional wine made with L’Acadie, Chardonnay and Seyval. Trust me.
- Ferghettina Brut Milledi 2010 Franciacorta DOCG, Italy $46.99 I had never heard of Franciacorta DOCG until I took my Master Champagne class this year. This region in Lombardy, Italy is giving champagne a run for the money. Made with 100% Chardonnay, this wine has a great mineral base and fantastic length. The perfect bottle for the wine adventurer on your list.
- Pierre Paillard Grand Cru Brut Bouzy, France $55.99 This is one of my favourite ‘grower champagnes’ on the market. It is full and rich in character and has a diverse flavour profile that demands respect. A blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, this champagne is one to sip, enjoy and savour everything that is right in the world.
So, I hope that I have introduced to you a few new favourites this year. I wanted to offer you options that you may not have tried or heard of before that are available at the B.C.L.D.B. and are affordable.
Hi Santa Helper,
Can you please put all of the mentioned bubbles on Dennis’ wish list?
Christine Campbell said:
Consider it done!