Hello wine lovers and happy wine Wednesday! I hope your week has been excellent so far!
This week, I have been asked to do an event for ‘Compassionate Beauty‘ in Surrey. This amazing location offers support, services and products for women to maintain their comfort and body image while going through cancer treatment and into survivorship. The event is called ‘Romancing Rosé’ and the organizer, Karen Thomas, has asked me to share some health benefits of having a glass of wine a day. Off the top of my head, I listed about five that I knew but when I did some digging, I came up with a few more amazing goodness. I figured that you, my wonderful readers, would like to have these facts as well!
Here are a few super cool reasons to have a glass of wine everyday:
- Wine contains antioxidants and phytoestrogens. These two properties in wine help fight against ovarian cancer by up to as much as 50%! Hurray!
- Drinking one glass of wine a day reduces your risk of infection by Helicobacter pylori by as much as 11%. This bacteria is one of the nasty causes of ulcers and stomach cancer.
- It helps your memory! Wine helps reduce blood vessel inflammation which is linked to cognitive issues. It also raises your ‘good’ cholesterol that keeps your arteries un-clogged for zippier thinking.
- Wine can help you lose weight! What? Yes! For up to 90 minutes after you finish a glass of wine, wine encourages your body to continue to burn extra calories! Wine drinkers have narrower waists and less abdominal fat than hard liquor drinkers.
- Studies have shown that one to two glasses of wine a day significantly reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes by 40%. Fantastic!
I love finding out even more reasons to have a glass of wine a day, don’t you? For me, a glass of wine also connects me to the present moment. I am able to slow down, breathe and enjoy the moment. That, personally, is a huge benefit.
So, next time (hopefully this evening) you are enjoying a glass of wine, you can reflect on all of the amazing things that your glass of wine is doing for your body!