Hello wine lovers and happy #wineWednesday! This is one of my favourite days of the year for good reason. Not only is it New Years Eve but it is also my Mom’s birthday. Today my Mom, Carole Campbell, turns 70 – Happy Birthday Mom…we love you!
In regards to 2015 resolutions, I have come up with a list of some wine focused goals I would like to achieve this year. Here is what I hope to accomplish in 2015:
- Learn something new and interesting about Australian wines at the Vancouver International Wine Festival February 20 – March 1st. #vanwinefest – let me know if you will be attending!
- Visit five British Columbia wineries that I haven’t been to before and would like at least two of them to be located in the Similkameen Valley. Do you have a favourite?
- Visit five Willamette Valley AVA wineries in Oregon.
- Complete my French Wine Scholar ‘Master’ Level of Champagne through the French Wine Society. Yes, I am going to start with Champagne – how can I not?
- Start my WSET Diploma Level in October through the Wine College in Vancouver.
- Continue with my commitment as a panelist on the BC VQA wine assessment panel.
- Try three new grape varieties that I haven’t tried before (please comment and send me your suggestions!).
- Drink more Champagne…need I say more?
- Explore Cabernet Franc and Riesling wines in the Finger Lakes AVA in Upper State New York while attending the Wine Bloggers Conference.
- Through your comments and suggestions, continue to improve upon my Girls Go Grape wine blog.
This year has been wonderful – I became a BC VQA panelist and achieved my French Wine Scholar accreditation. I met outstanding people and new friends in Santa Barbara, California at my second wine blogging conference who share my love of wine and education. I travelled for the first time to the Willamette Valley in Oregon and had the honour of meeting skilled and talented winemakers. Life is good. I am doing what I love and have a happy, healthy little family I get to share it with.
May your 2015 be an outstanding year for you!