Hello wine lovers and happy wine Wednesday! I hope it has been an excellent week for you. I cannot be in anything but a good mood with this sunshine pouring in on me…lovely.
That being said – it is clearly time for the backyard BBQ and having friends and family over. For this – I thought a handy list of 5 patio/BBQ friendly wines was in order:
- Elephant Island Orchard Wines – ‘Pink Elephant’ 2011 Methode Champenoise sparkling wine. Think a glass of Granny Smith apple juice with some gorgeous cassis added…serious fun on a hot day. $24.99
- See Ya Later Ranch – Gewürztraminer 2012. Off-dry and full of lychee, pink grapefruit and rose petal with a nice, bright acidity…perfect for a curry marinated fish on the BBQ. $15.99
- Stoneboat Vineyards – Pinot Gris 2012. Amazing minerality and citrus notes makes this fantastic wine a great crowd-pleaser to have on hand all season long! $18.90
- Tantalus Vineyards – Riesling 2013. Wet stone, apple, lime with some nectarine fruit notes – this wine is delicious and refreshing with great acidity and mineral zing. A perfect compliment to a starter charcuterie platter. $22.90
- Poplar Grove Winery – Blanc de Noirs 2013 Rosé. I cannot tell you how ‘in love’ I am with this wine. It is, by far, my new favourite Rosé from B.C. and is just a pleasure to drink and share with friends. Full of strawberry and cranberry notes with delicious acidity and perfect balance…not to be missed. $24.90
Keeping it short and simple today – I want to go outside and enjoy this weather!
Please feel free to comment with your favourite patio/BBQ wines – the reds will be on deck for next week!