Hello wine lover – I hope February is treating you well. It is one week away from that much loved (or dreaded) day, Valentine’s Day.
Whether you acknowledge February 14th as a holiday or not, I have put together a tasty list of rosé and sparkling wines for you to search out and try – it is #wineWednesday after all! My list is made up entirely of British Columbia wine. Now, more than ever, we need to support our B.C. wine industry.
- Culmina Family Estate Winery ‘R & D’ Rosé Blend Okanagan Valley, B.C. 2016 B.C. VQA – here is a blend from the Golden Mile appellation made up of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Malbec. The wine delivers an easy-drinking flavour profile full of fresh strawberry, cherry and a zip of citrus. $19.99
- Niche Wine Co. Rosé Okanagan Valley, B.C. 2015 B.C. VQA – this delicious wine from Niche Wine Co. is a beautiful example of what a 100% Pinot Noir Rosé tastes like. Full of rhubarb, watermelon and a dusting of fresh raspberry, this is a well-crafted wine that over-delivers. $20.49
- Evolve Cellars Élan Effervescence Okanagan Valley, B.C. 2017 B.C. VQA – here is a delightful bottle of B.C. bubble. Loaded with food-friendly flavours of nectarine and honey, this off-dry sparkling wine works incredibly well with Asian and Indian cuisine. $18.99
- Robin Ridge Winery ‘Sparkling Finch’ Similkameen Valley, B.C. 2012 B.C. VQA – I am a huge fan of this winery – particularly their Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. So, when winemaker and owner, Tim Cottrill, puts them together into a sparkling bottle of B.C. bubble – I am VERY happy. Complex and delicious, this wine is bottle fermented with notes of baked apple pie, peach and lemon rind. $22.99
- Fitzpatrick Family Vineyards ‘Fitz’ Brut Okanagan Valley, B.C. 2013 B.C. VQA – here is another example how fantastic our B.C. sparkling wine category is. Made with 53% Pinot Noir and 47% Chardonnay, this traditional method sparkling wine has great depth having spent 27 months on lees. Rich and flavourful with notes of honey, apple, and toasty brioche. $32.99
Please remember to buy local this Valentine’s Day and enjoy a beautiful bottle of British Columbia wine.