Hello and Happy Wine Wednesday!
I hope you have had a wonderful week full of great wine, great friends and great conversation!
This week, I am changing it up a bit…I am going to do a quick review of some of the fantastic wines I tasted at Taste B.C. This fabulous event is held once a year and all the proceeds benefit B.C. Children’s Hospital Foundation. Tasting wine and helping a worthwhile charity? Hello – sign me up every year, please!
On January15th, I met some amazing people – wine makers, winery owners, reps…you name it…this is a great evening out in Vancouver. I attended Taste B.C. with one of my BFF’s Natalie Reynolds. We did a circuit of the room and focused on whites first then did some reds on the second go around.
In no specific order, here are some of the wines I really enjoyed and will be seeking out in the local wine store shortly:
- Wild Goose Winery – both their Stoney Slope Riesling VQA 2011 and the Mystic River Pinot Gris VQA 2011 were outstanding! The GM Roland Kruger was most enjoyable to meet.
- Calliope Wine’s Figure Eight White 2011 was a very nice blend and their Viognier 2011 was very tasty.
- Misconduct Wine Co’s Richard da Silva was passionate about his wines and they delivered some wonderful tastes. Namely, their Suspect Series Pinot Noir 2009.
- Stoneboat Vineyards 2011 Pinot Gris and their 2010 Pinot Noir were fantastic.
- Tinhorn Creek Oldfield Series 2Bench Red 2009 was very good.
- Poplar Grove Winery’s 2011 Pinot Gris was terrific as usual and one of my favourites.
- Painted Rock Estate Winery‘s 2011 Chardonnay was wonderful.
- Liquidity Wine’s 2010 Pinot Noir was lovely and fruit forward and their 2009 Pinot Noir was truly outstanding!
- Blue Mountain Winery 2011 Chardonnay was fruit forward with a nice citrus taste and medium body – lovely! Also, their Gold Label Brut N/V is always a winner in my book!
|Roland Kruger of Wild Goose Vineyards|
|Richard da Silva of Misconduct|
|Peter Hunt Victoria Spirits|
As you can tell, I had a wonderful time and truly enjoyed meeting all of these passionate people.
Next time you are in the B.C. liquor store or a VQA store – be sure to pick up one of theses selections.
Coming up for the next two weeks, I will be reviewing Rosé wines as we count down to Valentine’s Day…
As always, thank you for reading!